Thursday, March 11, 2010

fitting the skeg.




Tuesday, Mar. 9: I trimmed the skeg to the design lines, and rounded the lower edge with a router today. The aft edge of the skeg was left long so that the sternpost, which forms the aft edge, can be used as a guide to trim it. But then I had to stop work for a few days. Candidly, I was under doctor’s orders to take it real easy this week, and although you can see for yourself I wasn’t doing much, apparently it was too much. I am anxious to get back at it, and should be able to resume work Friday or Saturday.
The next step will be to fit the sternpost and skeg to the boat.
I have decided not to fiberglass the outside of the boat before turning her over and working inside, as I had originally intended. There will be many interior pieces mounted by screws, maybed even some bolts, through the topsides and the bottom; and I want the fabric to be on top of everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment