Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Building Up a Finish on the Hull

Tuesday, 10-26:

No time for boatbuilding yesterday, but today I coated the hull with epoxy, and added another coat after the first one initially set up. According to the West System technical manual, as long as epoxy is "plastic", not hardened, additional epoxy will bond to it chemically; so today I was able to get two coats on without sanding in between. It's possible that I won't need any more coats to get a smooth finish. I won't know until it is fully cured and sanded.

A couple of days ago I copied all the previous posts to a .doc file so I'll have a permanent record of the project. I screened the file with a spell checker; it was surprising and humbling to see how many typos and straight out spelling errors I had made. They will remain uncorrected on the posts themselves. Since it gives me a nice warm feeling when I notice other people's grammar and spelling errors, I'm glad to be a source of similar pleasure for others.


No comments:

Post a Comment