Sunday, December 19, 2010

Painting the Inside

Today was chilly and damp, but good painting weather for my acrylic paint, which on a fair day dries as fast as I can apply it.  Portions of the bow area are so hard to reach I had to use a mirror to see what I was doing. I'm now qualified to do dentistry or laproscopic surgery.


I got a full coat of paint on the entire inside, including the darker contrasting color on the thwarts.




Next up: glue and screw the coaming and deck. I have decided to wait until that is done before painting additional coats. It will be harder to reach under the deck to paint the sides, but even now the hard places to paint will be out of sight on the finished boat. Attaching the coaming and deck will inevitably leave epoxy drips, and I'll want to clean them up before the final coats of paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment